SWOT Analysis is a tool used to assess the internal and external factors that affect a business.
- Strengths: The strengths of the enterprise include its experienced and knowledgeable staff, strong customer relationships, and access to capital.
- Weaknesses: The weaknesses of the enterprise include its lack of experience in certain markets and its limited product offerings.
- Opportunities: The opportunities for the enterprise include expanding into new markets, developing new products and services, and leveraging technology.
- Threats: The threats for the enterprise include the emergence of new competitors, changing customer needs, and macroeconomic conditions.
STRENGTHS – What are your Strengths:
- What advantages does your organization have?
Do not have to account for legacy code (no technical debt) especially when implementing emergent technologies
- What do you do better than anyone else?
Understand the end-to-end process for the automation process in multiple domains
- What unique or lowest-cost resources can you draw upon that others can’t?
Most of the processing will be driven by robotic process automation using trained AI/ML
- What do people in your market see as your strengths?
Our coordination and collaboration with organizations (MxD, MHUB), schools (Drexel) and key partners (Microsoft, Hexagon, Nvidia, PTC)
- What factors mean that you “get the sale”?
Our holistic approach to blueprinting use cases using our reference architecture
- What is your organization’s Unique Selling Proposition?
Our unique value proposition for actionable intelligence
WEAKNESSES – What are your Weaknesses:
- What could you improve?
Simplifying summarizations of our perspective so that it is easy to understand
- What should you avoid?
Spending a lot of time perfecting a solution when there are other pressing matters
- What are people in your market likely to see as weaknesses?
Small size is definitely our Achilles heel
- What factors lose you sales?
Not a brand name yet
OPPORTUNITIES – What are the Opportunities:
- What opportunities and potential advantages can you spot?
Lot of proposals underway especially floated by the DoD and its subsidiary organizations
- What interesting trends are you aware of?
AI/ML is undergoing a change to account for causation in a more pragmatic sense (that we are also working on, in addition to looking at it from a multi-modal aspect)
- Useful opportunities can come from such things as:
- Changes in technology and markets on both a broad and narrow scale.
Metaverse and Web3 bring a whole new perspective to digital and the interaction between cyber-physical systems
- Changes in government policy related to your field.
ESG and the BBB Infrastructure projects strive to fix broken systems, and chart a plan for scalability, sustainability, and resilience
- Changes in social patterns, population profiles, lifestyle changes, and so on.
The COVID pandemic has instituted a new normal where business and social interactions are mostly on-line and need to be ramped up in both technological considerations and user experience. Supply chain issues and the Future of Work are real considerations that need to be accounted for today and for the future.
- Local events.
We are part of the MHUB innovation center and a tier 1 member of the DoD funded MxD, both in the Chicago land area that is now drawing a lot of attention via the World Business Chicago consortium that also includes reputable institutions like the local schools and universities and the Argonne National Lab (Chain Reaction Innovators)
THREATS – What are the Threats:
- What obstacles do you face?
Immediate (short term) access to capital and dedicated resources
- What are your competitors doing?
Competition is trying to retrofit their existing solutions to the new
- Are quality standards or specifications for your job, products or services changing?
With the advent of new privacy laws and the focus towards cybersecurity (due to hacking, ransomware and intended intrusions) additional layers of protocol need to be instituted to manage profiles and information
- Is changing technology threatening your position?
No, we are part of the emerging technology, and this is the landscape we thrive on
- Do you have debt or cash-flow problems?
We currently do not have a debt but as we grow, we would need an infusion of funding
- Could any of your weaknesses seriously threaten your business?
It is important for us to be laser focused in our progression else the competition will eat us for lunch
NI+IN UCHIL Founder, CEO & Technical Evangelist