NUMORPHO – Executive Summary
by Nitin Uchil
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour”
– William Blake (Auguries of Innocence), also Robert Ford, Westworld
Numorpho Cybernetic Systems (NUMO) is in the business of building a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) ecosystem and to create smart, connected and sustainable products.
We will be using Industry 4.0 (smart connectivity and robotic automation) and adding to it the Industry 5.0 (human-centric and sustainable products) framework for development, build and commercialization.
Our goal is to create Usable, Viable, Sensible and Intelligent products and services by partnering with a select organizations, industry leaders and academic institutions. This will help us realize robust end-to-end architecture for enterprises, products that surprise, excite and delight our customers, and solutions that are secure, reliable, scalable and sustainable in our progression as a civilization.
Innovation is hard! Imagining the future requires intense planning. In today’s world we need to link and inter-twine heterogeneous systems, make them interoperable, aggregate data and provide pertinent information at the right time and the right place with flexibility and ease of use.
Future-proofing designs for such endeavors entails creating dynamic blueprints that move beyond current 2D and simplistic 3D animations, to constructs that morph – dynamically change, evolve and articulate with the conditions and the environment, and are embedded with intelligence that will learn, consider and evolve.
The systems and the products that we envisage utilize high-tech, advanced materials, actionable intelligence and proactive response capabilities. They will be using AI driven mechanisms and real-time feedback, and built up on a strong foundation based on our partnerships with Microsoft, MSC Software, Hexagon and other leading platform, engineering systems and integration service providers.
To enable this we have created:
- A Design Philosophy for Innovation. Called MANTHAN, it combines modern design concepts like the Bauhaus Methodology and the MAYA (Most Advanced Yet Applicable) Principle with Strategic Intent, Design Thinking and Systems Engineering to enable ideation and creating intentional prototypes.
- A unique Reference Architecture called the DIGITAL TWINE that combines Digital Threads (the process) with Digital Twins (the virtual manifestation) from heterogeneous Enterprise systems to map out a dynamic blueprint of every aspect of the business using IoT, Big Data, AI/ML, AR/VR/XR and Distributed Ledger Technologies.
- A robust protocol for integrations called TENDRIL TECHNOLOGY that combines system to system and third party web service interactions. This uses API gateways (Azure and TIBCO) and Edge/Smart Device communications (Webee) using service meshes for a robust, scalable and secure coordination of services.
- The next progression in Intelligence to prevent brittleness in current trained AI methods. The TAU CODEX ORCHESTRATOR will integrate communication and coordination for actionable intelligence utilizing multi-modal OpenAI GPT-3 and DALL-E trained Neural Nets, DeepMind, and other Cognitive Toolkits.
Our goal is to expand on the current methodologies of AI and evolve to the next level. We call it Existential Intelligence (EI) – that would be rational, contextual, pragmatic and sentient in behavior. It would correspond to a 5th order of Cybernetics that will be the basis for all our products and services and will be the theme for Human-centric interactions for the fifth industrial revolution – Industry 5.0
Our first PaaS ecosystem will be in the Connected Commerce space defining a Omni-Channel Marketplace for Contract Manufacturing and related services. Quote Comparison, Build to Order and Endless Aisle features will also be included to account for the changing need for customized solutions and a discerning customer. Customer security, privacy, access and preferences will be managed by using the Login Radius CIAM platform.
Our initial set of products will cater to Personalized Active Transportation (aka Micro-Mobility). These will consist of smart e-bikes, Compact Commuter Vehicles and electric Recreational Vehicles (RVs)s, their accessories and a coordinated supporting ecosystem that will help make, manage, move and maintain the solutions during development, production and aftermarket.
Since NUMO is both in the platform and the products space:
For our connected PaaS ecosystem
- The industry 4.0 market is projected to grow from USD 64.9 billion in 2021 to USD 165.5 billion by 2026; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.6% from 2021 to 2026 and also contribute to increased resource efficiency and and help to achieve circular economy models resulting in speed, cost savings and collaborative solutions.
For our products in the Personalized Active Transportation Space:
- The global e-bike market size is projected to grow to USD 70.0 billion by 2027 from USD 41.1 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 7.9%.
- The North American recreational vehicle (RV) market is projected to grow from 26.7 billion in 2020 USD 35.7 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of about 5%.
MEASURE OF SUCCESS
Our ambition is to leave a lasting impact on people by building a portfolio that is not only solely driven by standard measurable KPIs but also by empathy, usability, sensibility, passion and purpose. These ROIs are immeasurable yet invaluable considerations to justify our existence and progression as a company.
To this end we commit to assembling an awesome team of diverse individuals whose achievements and talents will enable us achieve a hockey stick growth during our formative years and be a recognized world leader in 5 years.
The Value Proposition Canvas details our Purpose and Progression with the Digital Twine Cartography dynamically mapping our unique Reference Architecture which are the basis for our ecosystem solutions and compelling set of products and services.
IMPACT TO SOCIETY
“Progress is the mode of mankind” – Victor Hugo in Les Misérables.
The events of 2020 and the COVID pandemic debacle taught us that we weren’t prepared and caught the world off guard. It has in no small measure changed the footprint of our step in our progress as a civilization. It has defined new knowns and created more unknowns. It has made the case for good and thorough planning ever so pertinent.
“Make No Little Plans” will be the go forward mantra for our company as we define our strategy, design its constituents and progress on our exacting journey to build that very set of compelling products and services, with safety and security as paramount conditions.
This will make all the difference in the tomorrow as we sustain our planet and and explore the stars.
IMPACT TO THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR
The goal of NUMORPHO is to merge engineering and technology together and provide a cybernetic fabric for the 4th Industrial Revolution and beyond, where products and services will be a coordinated mix of physical, digital and (even) biological processes.
For the manufacturing sector this would entail a perfect coordination from upstream processes (ideation, design and product development) to midstream processes (Manufacturing) and downstream (Marketing and Sell) to harmonize solutioning. This will be achieved using Emergent DARQ technologies – Distributed Ledger, Applied Intelligence (Cybernetics), Realities (AR/VR/XR) and in the future Quantum Computing – all of which will define our DNA as a company.
Our forays and associations @mHUB and @MxD, and the strong community and partners they bring are an integral part of our movement as a company that will define the tomorrows in our progression as a civilization, provide for harmonious interactions, sustain our planet and enable exploration of the stars.
Founded in Chicago, IL in 2021, NUMO is a company whose vision is to utilize intelligent techniques to build smart, connected and sustainable products by pushing the edges of engineering, technology, data management, AI and cybernetics. We start our journey @mHUB in the heart of Chicago, a place that makes innovation and hard tech happen – where start-ups collaborate with experts, schools and investors to bring to focus smart engineering in the new paradigm for a forever connected world.
VALUE PROPOSITION CANVAS
THE DIGITAL TWINE REFERENCE ARCHITECTURE
CONNECTED COMMERCE PLATFORM FOR OMNI CHANNEL MARKETPLACE
RVOLUTION SMART E-BIKE CONCEPT
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nitin Uchil, Founder & CEO, Numorpho Cybernetic Systems
Nitin is a Strategic Thinker, Product Engineer, Enterprise Architect, Technical Evangelist and Digital Transformer with 20+ years of experience in
- advanced technologies (aerospace & defense),
- product lifecycle management and knowledge-based engineering (automotive),
- business process redesign (manufacturing, telecom, compliance),
- ecommerce, analytics, data mining, front-end experience-driven design and digital architecture (retail, CPG, high-tech electronics, finance, insurance, food, media & entertainment and hospitality).
More recently he has been creating a framework to enable the articulation of Big Data and Analytics using a themed, pragmatic and structured methodology. Currently, he is involved in theming the meld between the Physical and the Digital Realms and formulating the architecture for the Industry 4.0 theme.
Nitin has founded several successful companies, in past lives worked as a Principal Director in a large Consulting Company and in the Aerospace and Automotive domains. He holds a Master’s Degree from the University of Oklahoma and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org