Here’s a summary of the IoT, sensor, and edge computing products providers:
ADAfruit, Ardunio and Raspeberry Pie
Bridging the gap between the “real world” and the computer, these three providers are the starting point into the world of physical computing, for making computers that can sense and control things in the physical world. It’s an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board, and a development environment for writing software for the board.
Adafruit, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi are three different companies that offer different hardware platforms for electronics enthusiasts and makers.
Adafruit is a company that creates and sells open-source electronic hardware and tools for DIY electronics projects. They provide various electronic components, sensors, and other hardware platforms, including microcontrollers, development boards, and accessories.
Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. It consists of a microcontroller, development board, and a programming language used to write and upload code to the board. Arduino boards are typically used for creating interactive projects and prototypes, such as robotics, wearables, and IoT applications.
Raspberry Pi, on the other hand, is a credit-card-sized single-board computer developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation. It is designed to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries. The Raspberry Pi can run different operating systems and can be used for a wide range of applications, including home automation, media centers, and web servers.
In summary, Adafruit focuses on creating electronic hardware and tools, Arduino on microcontroller-based development boards, and Raspberry Pi on single-board computers.
Omron’s primary business is the manufacture and sale of automation components, equipment and systems. In the consumer and medical markets, it is known for medical equipment such as digital thermometers, blood pressure monitors and nebulizers. The four domains that its products and solutions cover are:
- Industrial Automation
- Social Systems
- Electronic Components
OMRON’s reason for being (IKIGAI) is to create social value through business and continue to contribute to the development of society via three avenues
- Internal – person well being
- External – environmental conditions
- Global Theater – facilitation for first responders, law officials, heath care professionals and the military.
It’s solutions encompass:
- Omron Sensing Solutions: A range of sensors and sensing systems for a variety of applications, including proximity sensors, photoelectric sensors, and vision sensors.
- Omron Industrial Automation: A range of controllers and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) for industrial automation applications.
- Omron Machine Vision: A range of products for machine vision applications, including cameras, image processing software, and lighting systems.
Avnet is a global technology distributor and solutions provider. For more than a century, they have made it easier for our customers and suppliers to activate the transformative possibilities of technology.
- Avnet Azure Sphere MT3620 Starter Kit: A development kit for building secure IoT devices with Microsoft Azure Sphere, featuring an Avnet-developed board based on the MediaTek MT3620 chipset.
- Avnet Silica SmartEdge Agile: A compact edge computing platform with built-in sensors and connectivity options, designed for industrial IoT applications.
- Avnet Industrial IoT Starter Kit: A comprehensive kit for building and deploying industrial IoT solutions, including hardware, software, and cloud connectivity options.
Bosch Sensortec is the technology leader in sensing solutions based on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and dedicated to the consumer electronics world. Their products include sensors for measuring motion, environmental conditions, and other parameters. Bosch Sensortec sensors are used in a wide range of applications, including smartphones, wearables, and IoT devices.
Bosch Sensortec and Arduino work together in a number of ways. For example, Bosch Sensortec sensors are integrated into Arduino projects to provide sensing functionality. Arduino boards are used to interface with Bosch Sensortec sensors and process the data they collect. In addition, Bosch Sensortec provides software development kits (SDKs) that are compatible with Arduino, allowing developers to quickly and easily create prototypes and proof-of-concept designs that incorporate Bosch Sensortec sensors.
Bosch Sensortec and Arduino working together provide a powerful combination of sensing and processing capabilities. By integrating Bosch Sensortec sensors into Arduino projects, developers can create customized solutions for a wide range of applications, including wearables, IoT devices, and other consumer electronics products.
Overall, these products cover a range of IoT, sensor, and edge computing applications, and expert advice with options for both hardware and software development. By combining these products, we will create custom solutions for a wide variety of industrial and commercial applications starting with our Proto Factory that will use our inside-outside theme to provide intelligent solutions coupled with our series of smart and connected products.
NI+IN UCHIL Founder, CEO & Technical Evangelist