To see a world in a grain of sand,
and heaven in a wildflower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
and eternity in an hour
– Auguries of Innocence, William Blake
In Westworld, the HBO remake of Michael Crichton’s novel, Dr. Robert Ford, the creator of the theme park asks:
“Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? We can’t define consciousness because consciousness does not exist. Humans fancy that there’s something special about the way we perceive the world, and yet we live in loops as tight and as closed as the hosts (the artificially created android beings) do, seldom questioning our choices, content, for the most part, to be told what to do next.”
In these times when we are in the cusp of a major technological (r)evolution – where the meld between man and machine is being blurred by more and more connected devices coming to the foray – there is need to introspect and speculate what it will eventually lead to: whether creating intelligent machines will eventually replace us in the evolutionary chain and relegate us back to the mere mortals that we are, or whether it would have even more drastic consequences of completely eliminating life and making the future completely run by and for machines.
It this with this intent that we founded Numorpho Cybernetic Systems (NUMO), to enable innovation in the new, to build out an exacting process manager, to connect the dots in automation, and to build a human-centric basis for our technological progress. We shall leave no stone unturned, dot the i’s and cross the t’s and be duly diligent in our endeavors to build the basis for appropriate actionable intelligence.
In this, Part 1 of our Book of Business on Everything connected, we set the stage for growth; define and detail our purpose, goals, and aspirations; and summarize our future progression. It showcases how we will accomplish the art of the possible by combining it with the science of engineering.
Dotting the i’s and Crossing the t’s
We aim to be diligent in our ventures, demanding exactitude in our tasks and shall leave no stone unturned in achieving our goals. We will strive to build intelligence driven solutions, but intelligence does not necessarily mean that smartness would be their only quality. Our endeavor would be to remove brittleness in AI and provide for actionable solutions utilizing our cybernetic capabilities – to envision, understand and do, and be rational and contextual.
These following will be the foundation for our four tenets to enable innovation, automation, integration and enablement:
- the ManthanTM Design Philosophy for Innovation,
- the Digital TwineTM for Process Automation,
- Tendril ConnectorTM for Integration, and
- the Tau Codex TransformerTM for orchestrating a multi-modal basis to enable actionable intelligence,
as detailed below:
- Innovation is more than invention in the sense that you have to look beyond the known-knowns to the uncertain areas of unknown-knowns, known-unknowns and even unknown-unknowns to collaborate and account for the complexities as we bring to fruition new products and solutions. We have assembled a series of curriculum topics in the ManthanTM Design Philosophy for Innovation to step thru the Imagine-Design-Create process for ideation.
- Knitting the cybernetic fabric to enable Automation entails creating an end-to-end ecosystem of coordinating processes to facilitate the product pipeline. Part of the interaction takes place through physical production (the operational domain), and the other part of it is in the digital world (the information processing domain) wherein data and information related to the operational activities need to be stored, represented, and utilized. It is this mélange between OT and IT that needs to be correctly ascertained for optimization and harmonization of processes, and to enable the creation of truly disruptive products and services. Our process architecture using the Digital TwineTM assembles digital threads and digital twines together for a holistic composition of the elements of the ecosystem.
- Integration is key to the pull and push of information between systems and the seamless coordination between the processes needed for interaction, aggregation, and automation. Our Tendril ConnectorTM defines the protocol for such integrations using API gateways, micro-services and service meshes for just-in-time and intelligent delivery, scalability and provisioning for inclement conditions.
- Enablement of Actionable Intelligence needs a multi-modal basis for proper articulation of outcomes. Our Tau Codex TransformerTM based on Existential Intelligence provides the instrument for rational, pragmatic, and contextual response to cause.
Our four tenets will form the basis of our goals to help innovation, automation, integration and enactment of activities, processes and actionable intelligence. These will form the core construct of our process to make, manage, move, market and maintain collaborative automated streams in industry and will be contained in our Mantra M5TM platform.
Tripping the Light Fantastic
Arthur C Clarke, the brilliant futurist and writer short story titled: The Nine Billion Names of God, written in 1954 is still a poignant description of consulting today. He is widely known for his famous three laws:
- If a distinguished scientist says something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he says that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
- The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
- Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Software is like magic, someone said because you can have it do anything! But we believe that the true achievement is in building tangible products thru a themed articulation – to design, make and support the new – where the digital and physical merge in a symbiotic mélange to make what is currently conceived to be impossible.
Digital disruption is blurring the lines between traditional industries. Most of the markets are being dramatically reshaped as agile new entrants (e.g. Fintech, Startup, niche Cloud borne companies) are putting increasingly empowered customers in control and realizing the benefits of these new business models.
encourage collaboration, and deliver meaningful outcomes to customers. Our goal is to build Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Ecosystems and create smart-and-connected products and services starting in the micro-mobility industry.
We also plan to validate our ecosystem by creating smart and connected products and solutions that will help not only to prove and improve the platform but also provide for a linear, circular, and sustainable value creation for a themed and meaningful progression. This will enable to prove and improve both the ecosystem and the products. They will also contribute to increased resource efficiency and help to achieve circular economy models resulting in speed, cost savings and collaborative solutions.
To achieve this goal, we will be assembling a compelling team, accepting strategic investment, building vendor and industry partnerships to create a portfolio of products and services that is not solely driven by standard measurable KPIs but also by empathy, usability, sensibility, passion, purpose, and most importantly the practical, pragmatic, and deeper psychological as well as physical needs of our valued customers. Our ambition is to leave a lasting impact on people by creating ROIs that are immeasurable yet invaluable considerations to justify our existence and progression as a company.
Stay tuned to this exciting way that we are presenting our theme for building automation in industry, infrastructure, transportation, mobility, and smart and connected products and services.
NI+IN UCHIL – Founder, CEO & Technical Evangelist